my voki


Get a Voki now!

Friday, March 5, 2010

My weekend!!

I always look forward to the weekend but this weekend is sure to be extra special because my husband, my daughter and I will be going to Pennsylvania. My husband's entire family lives there. We go every other month or so and it takes about 3 hours to drive there. The drive is usually not that bad unless we go on a holiday and get stuck in horrific traffic. Having a 2 year old in the back seat does not make things any easier, so we try to leave really early in the morning so that she sleeps throughout most of the ride. This weekend we will be celebrating two birthdays. My husband's cousin's first birthday and my daughter's 2nd, even though her real birthday is not until March 13th. Weekend trips to Pensylvania are always a blast and with two birthday celebrations this one's sure to be one as well.

Vocabulary words:

1. look forward to: to anticipate
2. throughout: all the way through
3. horrific: horrifying, to shock or disgust, strong feeling caused by something frightful or shocking.
4. celebration: a festivity.
5. entire: whole

**Fill in the missing vocabulary word:

1. The situation in Haiti is _______. The earthquake has caused serious devastation to many Haitians.
2. I always _________ Christmas. It's such a special time of year.
3. Cinco de Mayo is a huge __________ that takes place in Mexico every year.
4. I take many trips to the beach ___________the course of the summer.
5. I'm going on vacation with my_________family next year.

**Grammar point:
Create your own sentences using the new vocabulary words.

1 comment:

  1. Where do you go in Pennsylvania? My most "memorable" trip was riding over the Delaware Water Gap in an ambulance with sirens blazing because we had just been in an accident on the NJ side.

    A grammar point here could have been verb tense: future continuous -- "will be going" and "will be celebrating." You could describe how it is formed will+be+ verb+ing and how to use it.

    ReplyDelete