my voki


Get a Voki now!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Murphy

My dog's name is Murphy. Murphy is a Cavalier King Charles/Poodle mix. He is the sweetest dog. My husband and I bought Murphy back in 2006 from a pet store in Hicksville called Shake-a-paw. He loves to play and is the best cuddler in the world. My sisters love him because he gives the best hugs. Murphy loves to sleep and relax all day long, but lately it's kind of hard for him to get any rest because Julie, my 2 year old won't leave him alone. Being that she's currently an only child, Murphy's her best friend. She wants to brush his hair, hug him, she forces him to sit on her lap, she even tugs on his collar all day long. The poor dog probably feels suffocated. Sometime I find him hiding behind furniture just to get away from Julie. I know he loves her and appreciates the fact that she's always ready to play with him but I'm sure he misses his rest and relaxation, too.

**Vocabulary words**
1. lately: recently, not long ago.
2. currently: now going on, of the present time.
3. suffocated: to smother, supress
4. appreciates: to think well of, to recognize gratefully.
5. relaxation:rest from work or effor, recreation.

**fill in the missing vocabulary word in the following sentences:

1. There was a really sad story on the news the other day about a cat who accidentally _____ a newborn baby.
2. Usually I love going to get manicures and pedicures but _____I find that doing it myself is more economical.
3. My husband always tells me that he __________ everything I do for him.
4. My daughter is _________one but she will be turning two next week.
5. I wouldn't mind taking a vacation so I can get a little rest and ___________.


**grammar point**
circle all the verbs in the passage and identify the tense (past, present, future)

No comments:

Post a Comment