my voki


Get a Voki now!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Julianna's 2nd brithday!!!!

My daughter Julianna will be turning two on march 13th. We're having a small birthday party for her on saturday. I love planning birthday parties. I always pick a theme and base every detail around that theme. This year's theme is going to be Strawberry Shortcake. The plates, the cups, the decorations, the balloons, the birthday cake, and even the invitations will match the theme. I'm currently shopping around for the perfect birthday dress for Julie. I would have loved to find one to go along with the theme but I haven't been having any luck. The party will take place in my sister's house because it's much bigger than mine. I have invited about 20 people, not including the children, and am currently working on the menu. I think it will be a beautiful birthday party. Too bad Julie probably won't remember it. Oh well, that's what camcorders are for, right?

**vocabuary words**
1. detail: a dealing with things item by item.
2. theme: a topic, as of an essay.
3. decorations: decorating, an ornament, a medal.
4. currently: now going on, of the present time.
5. probably: likely to occur o to be.


**Fill in the missing vocabulary word in the following sentences:

1. I am_____ enrolled in Grad school and plan on graduating next year.
2. My best friend had a Hawaiian_____ for her wedding.
3. My sister loves to throw New Year's Eve parties. The ____________are always beautiful.
4. I will____have a late lunch today because I have to finish my homework first.
5. The quilt my grandmother made had beautiful __________.

**grammar point**
Circle all the nouns in the passage and underline all the verbs.

1 comment:

  1. I like theme birthday parties.My son turned 19 today, but he seems to have outgrown themes, so the party will just be his family catching a glimpse of him before he goes out with his friends.

    ReplyDelete