my voki


Get a Voki now!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Summer is around the corner!!!

I am so excited that summer is coming!! Ever since I was a little girl it's my favorite season because its a time to sit back, unwind and relax. And after two long semesters I plan on doing just that. My favorite part about summer is all the activities that one can do that you just can not do in the winter. My mom and dad have a big beautiful pool in their backyard and the majority of my summer consists of going there and enjoying it. We also love to barbeque and have poolside parties. This summer I plan on going to the beach a lot too. Last year my daughter Julie was too little but this year she can spend hours just playing with her little shovel and pail. My sisters and I also enjoy taking the kids to the park and having picnics there. The kids love it because they can play on the playground and fly kites. One of my favorite activites to do in the summer is going bike riding with my husband. Julie rides in a child seat thats attatched to my bike. It's clear to see why I love the summer so much. My days are filled with endless activities.

***New Vocabulary Words***

1. Season:noun; one of the four periods of the year (spring, summer, autumn, and winter), beginning astronomically at an equinox or solstice, but geographically at different dates in different climates.
2. Activity: adjective; the state or quality of being active: There was not much activity in the stock market today. He doesn't have enough physical activity in his life.
3. Majority: noun; the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total (opposed to minority): the majority of the population.
4. Consists: to be made up or composed (usually fol. by of): This cake consists mainly of sugar, flour, and butter.
5. Pool-side: adjective; located or occurring at or near the side of a swimming pool: a poolside luncheon.
6. Attatched:adjective; joined, connected or bound.

***fill in the missing vocabulary word***

1. The recipe __________of ground beef, onions, peppers and rice.
2. My niece will be having a __________ birthday party this year.
3. My husbands favorite______is the Fall. He loves the pumpkins, Halloween, the crisp air and falling leaves.
4. The ______that the teacher wants us to do is quite tricky.
5. There is a garage _______to the house.
6. The ______of the book was based on the narrator's childhood experiences.

***Grammar Point***

An exclamation point is used to show enthusiasm (I love Summer!) Write 5 sentences that end with an exclamation point.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to the summer too, especially the beach,though I don't like hot, sticky weather.

    ReplyDelete