my voki


Get a Voki now!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ducks Game!!!

This weekend my husband and I took our daughter to her very first baseball game. We were invited by our friend, who won box seats through a raffle at work to the Long Island Ducks game. His family was there and my sister and her family also attended the game. We knew that Julie wouldn't actually be interested in the game. We just wanted to introduce her to the whole experience of watching a baseball game at a stadium. She loved everything about it. The hotdogs, the cotton candy, the mascot, the music, and especially the fireworks, although the loud ones scared her. The only thing that could have made this a better experience would have been warmer weather. It was so cold out, but fortunately there was a room right off of our box that was closed in with a nice cozy couch and delicious food for those who wanted to enjoy the game indoors. Even though the Ducks lost, this will be a memory that I willl never forget because not only was it Julie's first time watching a baseball game at a stadium, it was mine too!!

***new vocabulary word***

1. Baseball: noun: a game of ball between two nine-player teams played usually for nine innings on a field that has as a focal point a diamond-shaped infield with a home plate and three other bases, 90 ft. (27 m) apart, forming a circuit that must be completed by a base runner in order to score, the central offensive action entailing hitting of a pitched ball with a wooden or metal bat and running of the bases, the winner being the team scoring the most runs
2. Box seats: aaa seat in a box at the theatre, opera, baseball game, ect...
3. raffle:noun; a form of lottery in which a number of persons buy one or more chances to win a prize.
4. attended: verb; to be present at: to attend a lecture; to attend church.
5. introduce: to present (a person, product, etc.) to a particular group of individuals or to the general public for or as if for the first time by a formal act, announcement, series of recommendations or events.
6. mascot: noun
an animal, person, or thing adopted by a group as its representative symbol and supposed to bring good luck: The U.S. Navy mascot is a goat.

***fill in the missing vocabulary word***

1. I want to _______you to my friend, Anna. She's visiting from Spain.
2. I won a flat screen TV at a _______at work.
3. My husband loves to watch_______.
4. The Molloy College ______ is a lion.
5. I want _____ _____ to the Opera for my birthday.
6. I _______ the TESOL Conference at Molloy a few weeks ago. It was very interesting.

***Gramar Point***

My blog is considered to be descriptive. I describe my experience watching a baseball game for the first time at a stadium. Write a descriptive paragragh describing a first experience you had with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment